Traveling between Ithaca and New York City has never been more convenient. Below are a range of options for getting around either location.
- Cornell’s Campus-to-Campus Bus Service – Exceptional, express service between Cornell’s Ithaca and NYC campuses, seven days a week.
- Shortline Bus Services - Operated by CoachUSA, Shortline provides an Ithaca Platinum Express with non-stop service between NYC and Ithaca seven day a week.
- Zimride – Ride-sharing service between Ithaca and NYC, and beyond.
- Rental Vehicles and Charters – Cornell-approved options for renting or chartering vehicles for faculty and staff travel.
- Personal Vehicle Use – Requirements for driving personal vehicles for university business.
- Ithaca Carshare – Providing 24/7 access to vehicles on an hourly basis.
- Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit (TCAT) – Local bus service connecting campus, Ithaca and the surrounding area. Faculty and staff ride for free with their Cornell ID.
New York City
- Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) – Bus, subway and commuter rail options serving the NYC metro area.
- NJ TRANSIT – Bus, train and light rail service between New Jersey and NYC.
- NYC Ferry – Offering service to the Cornell Tech campus on Roosevelt Island as well as parts of Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.
- Roosevelt Island Tramway – Fast, convenient service between Roosevelt Island and Manhattan.